CTRI Contest Group Champions
2009 – 2010
1. Objective: The 21 major contests of the year feature a club competition. To maximize the CTRI standing amongst other clubs, the CTRI club member(s) who contributes the most points in the 2009 – 2010 contest-year to the club’s credit is the CTRI Contest Group Champion. A champion will be recognized in the High Power, Low Power, and QRP categories in accordance with the specific rules which follow. Authorization for this program was by club vote at its May 23, 2009, meeting.
A] An individual’s submitted score will be used for “keeping score.” If at the end of the contest year there is a very close race for determining champion, then the official published scores will be used.
B] The score must be submitted to the sponsor for CTRI credit.
C] To be eligible for a champion award, at least 25% of the contests (see list) must have a submitted entry.
D] If a club member submits scores in different categories (HP, LP, QRP), his category for champion will be the highest power used unless at least 25% are in a single lower power category.
E] A member participating in a multi-operator effort gets individual credit as follows: total score divided by number of operators.
F] After each contest, a member gets credit by either posting his score on the CTRI Yahoo reflector or submitting the score to: scores09-10 [AT]cox[DOT]net
A running tally sheet will be posted on the reflector periodically so that members can see individual progress and standings.
3. Contest season: The yearly contest season runs from September 1, 2009 through August 31, 2010. The following contests which have a club competition component count for champion credit:
Sep: ARRL September VHF QSO Party
CQ WW RTTY Contest
Oct: CQ WW SSB DX Contest
Nov: ARRL Sweepstakes CW
ARRL Sweepstakes Phone
CQ WW DX CW Contest
Dec: ARRL 160 Meter Contest
ARRL 10 Meter Contest
Jan: ARRL RTTY Roundup
ARRL VHF Sweepstakes
CQ WW CW 160 Meter Contest
Feb: CQ WPX RTTY Contest
ARRL CW DX Contest
CQ SSB 160 Meter Contest
Mar: ARRL SSB DX Contest
Russian DX Contest
CQ WW SSB WPX Contest
May: New England QSO Party
CQ WW CW WPX Contest
Jun: ARRL June VHF QSO Party
Jul: CQ WW VHF Contest
4. Awards: A suitable plaque will be awarded in each of the three categories in which there are qualified entries. The plaque will indicate champions in memorium of all past CTRI Contest Group members whose keys now remain silent (SK).
5. Resolution: In the event of any dispute over the results of this program, a panel of three members selected by the President shall review the matter with its decision final.
6. Sunset: This club champion program expires at the conclusion of the 2009 – 2010 contest season. At that time its effect on club competition scores and member likes and dislikes will be evaluated. Its continuation in this or modified form requires formal club action.
7. Errors or Omissions: In codifying these rules, any obvious errors or omissions may be corrected.